- Um… Why Does ever.fm Exist?by James HillWhat’s the point of ever.fm? Why create recordings that change? For thousands of years, songs were ephemeral and ever-changing. Songs were carried on the wind, growing like wildflowers wherever they landed. For thousands of years, … Continue reading Um… Why Does ever.fm Exist?
- There Will Never Be Another Beepleby James HillWill music ever have a “Beeple moment”? Probably not. And here’s why I’m OK with that. Where were you when Neil Armstrong set foot on the moon? Where were you on September 11, 2001? Where … Continue reading There Will Never Be Another Beeple
- What Does Generative Music Look Like?by James HillThe Evolution of ever.fm’s “Mandala” Visualizer, from stick-figures to beautiful art pieces. Seeing is Hearing On ever.fm, what you see is what you hear; every rendition is accompanied by a beautiful visualization. These “sound mandalas” … Continue reading What Does Generative Music Look Like?
- Fans, Speculators, or Both?by James HillExtra! Extra! The NFT universe is expanding at light speed! The era of digital collectibility is upon us! NFTs will disrupt the music industry! It’s all very exciting (and I mean that sincerely) but something … Continue reading Fans, Speculators, or Both?
- The Fear of Changeby James HillOver the years, I’ve spoken with many artists, fans and collectors about the idea of “recordings that change.” In the early days of ever.fm (before it was even called ever.fm), I sent out a questionnaire … Continue reading The Fear of Change
- The Paint Shop and the Art Galleryby James HillImagine a paint shop. A huge, sprawling warehouse filled with cans of paint; every colour you can imagine and then some. Imagine you could have any amount of any colour you want for just $9 … Continue reading The Paint Shop and the Art Gallery
What Does Generative Music Look Like?
The Evolution of ever.fm’s “Mandala” Visualizer, from stick-figures to beautiful art pieces.